Prime Minister Narendra Modi lauded the major achievement of crossing 1 billion vaccine doses in an address to the nation on Friday and said that the feat also reflects upon the optimism surrounding India.
Beginning his televised address, PM Narendra Modi said the 100-crore vaccine dose achievement belongs to all 130 crore Indians. PM Modi congratulated all Indians for the milestone achieved on Thursday.
Top quotes from PM Modi’s speech today:
1. On India achieving 100 crore vaccine doses, PM Modi said, “This is not just a number, it is a beginning of a new chapter, a new India.”
2. PM Modi said, “Wherever we see, there is only optimism now. There is optimism everywhere. Experts, world agencies are very positive about the Indian economy.”
3. PM Modi said, “Earlier there were only chants about made in this country, that country, but today everyone is talking about ‘Made in India’. At this juncture, it is even more critical for us Indians to encourage Indian products, ‘Made in India’ products and for us to go ‘Vocal for Local’.”
4. Speaking on reaching the milestone of 100 crore vaccine doses in 9 months, PM Modi said, ” Covid does not discriminate between the rich and poor. Our vaccination drive was also based on no discrimination. We ensured that the VIP culture does not overshadow our vaccination program and everyone is treated equally.”
5. PM Modi also said, “India has been importing vaccines from the global superpowers that have years of expertise in this field. As the Covid-19 pandemic spread, many concerns were raised if India was capable enough to vaccinate its entire population. The achievement of administering 100 crore vaccine doses is an answer to all these concerns, that too free of cost.”
6. “Nations across the world are still battling vaccine hesitancy and similar concerns were raised in India as well. But the 100-crore vaccine dose achievement shows how we have defeated vaccine hesitancy in India. With the trust in science and innovations, India has managed to achieve this major feat,” said PM Modi.
7. “Some concerns were also raised about the stringent Covid-19 restrictions. Many said that how can such strict restrictions be imposed in India. But we are a democracy, we have considered the needs of all, following our sabka saath, sabka vikaas principle,” said PM Modi.
8. PM Modi also said, “Our first line of defence against the Covid-19 pandemic was public participation, as part of which people lit diyas, banged thalis. Some people had questioned this saying “will it help us get rid of the disease”.
9. PM Modi cautioned Indians against negligence in the fight against Covid and said however strong the shield is, the arms are not laid as long as war is on.
10. PM Modi said, “It is a matter of pride for all of us that our vaccination programme has been ‘science-born, science-driven and science-based.”