The Uganda Premier League Secretariat has on Tuesday released the latest 2021/2022 season fixtures with Busoga United included and Sports Club Villa omitted.
Busoga United was initially left out of the draft fixture reportedly purported not to have cleared with FUFA Licensing Committee and lacking the minimum players on the FUFA Connect System.
Twelve days on, the Jinja based side has been reinstalled with UPL record champions and 16-time league winners Sports Club Villa missing from the latest document.
League manager, Paul Kabaikaramu, told The-SportsNation that, “SC Villa does not have leadership. Governance is one of the requirements for club licensing. The club does not have a CEO and communication between the UPL and Club are made through the CEO.”
The Jogoos were poised to hold presidential elections on August 28 before being stopped by the High Court after a one Brenda Nambalirwa Kawuma petitioned the courts of law citing irregularities in the electoral process.
Since then, FUFA has ordered the club to host elections before October 23, an order that the Members of the Villa Board declined claiming that they had alot to sort before holding the Executive Elections.
FUFA has now revoked the club license with the new campaign earmaked to tip off this Friday 15th October with three games on card.
In the new fixture list, Busoga United will open the campaign with a Jinja derby against newly promoted Gaddafi FC while Villa was bound to get new season underway against BUL FC.
UPL Matchday One Fixtures
Friday, October 15
• Express FC Vs Arua Hill SC – Mutesa II stadium, Wankulukuku
• Mbarara City FC Vs Soltilo Bright Stars FC – Kakyeka Stadium – Mbarara
• Onduparaka FC Vs UPDF FC – Green Light Stadium, Arua
Sunday, October 17
• Police FC Vs Vipers SC – Philip Omondi Stadium, Lugogo
• Wakiso Giants Vs KCCA FC – Kabaka Kyabaggu stadium, Wakissha
• Gaddafi FC Vs Busoga United FC – Kyabazinga Stadium, Bugembe
Tuesday 19th October
• URA FC Vs Tooro United – Arena of Visions, Ndejje